How we are protecting you during the COVID-19 pandemic
Our practice has always been committed to your safety by adhering to the CDC, OSHA, and ADA guidelines for infection control. However, during these unprecedented times, we are going above and beyond these standards to protect our Sunny Smiles Kids families, team members, and community as a whole. The following added layers of protection are in effect to continually control, minimize and eliminate all potential viral aerosols.
- The supply and return vents of our HVAC system have been outfitted with needle-point bi-polar ionization air purifying devices that function to inactivate and eliminate virus particles, pathogens, and allergens.
- Medical grade air filtration systems have been placed throughout our 1900sf practice to capture viral aerosols in surrounding spaces with a coverage capacity of 6200sf.
- Medical grade air filtration systems with UV-C bulbs are placed in our 100sf closed operatories for dental treatment appointments to capture and eliminate viral particles produced during aerosolizing procedures with a coverage capacity of 2000sf.
- Hypochlorous acid (HOCL) fogging of practice space 2x/daily to eliminate viral contaminants in the air and on hard surfaces. HOCL is an eco-friendly, non-toxic, all-natural element produced with just water, table salt, and electricity.
- Temperature checks and pulse oximeter readings will be taken on persons entering the premises and done daily on our team.
- All administrative team members will be in medical-grade masks, face shields, and gloves at all times.
- All patient care team members will be in N95/KN95/Level 3 masks at all times with added full-coverage face shields during patient care.
- Intra-oral and extra-oral HVE will be used for all dental treatment procedures.
- All patients ages four years and up will be asked to swish with a pre-procedural 1.5% hydrogen peroxide rinse to reduce the number of microorganisms in the mouth.
- Interim patient hygiene appointment protocols have been implemented to reduce the production of aerosols.